AFP Colorado offers educational luncheons several times a year. They are typically held at the Downtown Denver Library.
May 19 -"What Every Fundraiser Can Do to Stop Falling Donor Retention Rates"
and New Member Orientation / National Philanthropy Day Nomination Tips (Pre-Sessions)
This luncheon session explores the Fundraising Effectiveness Project report commissioned by AFP and the Urban Institute. The dismal news in this report can and should be an eye opener for every nonprofit engaged in fundraising.
We will focus on the root causes of poor retention rates, and offer tips for improvement based on the principles of Dr. Adrian Sargeant and Tom Ahern: two world-renowned authorities on building donor loyalty. Sargeant and Ahern’s principles are based upon years of research conducted in the sector and can be used by any organization, whether you are a one-person shop or a large department. We will show examples of their principles in action. The results can be astounding when put into daily use!
- Be familiar with current research on donor retention and how an increase or decrease can impact your bottom line
- Understand how to calculate your donor retention rate
- Learn new donor communications techniques in order to improve donor loyalty and retention
Jay B. Love is CEO and Co-Founder of Bloomerang, which exclusively serves the nonprofit sector with cutting-edge technology tools built upon best practices for fundraising and communications. He has served this sector for 33 years and is considered the most well-known senior statesman whose advice is sought constantly.
He is a graduate of Butler University with a B.S. in Business Administration. Over the years, he has given more than 2,500 speeches around the world for the charity sector and is often the voice of new technology for fundraisers. He is the former Chairman of the AFP Ethics Committee.
All new members are invited to join us for a free New Member Orientation designed to help you maximize your membership. Although there is no cost to attend we do ask that you register in advance so that we can have enough materials on hand for everyone.
If you are planning to write a nomination for National Philanthropy Day this year, attend this free session to get expert tips. No cost to attend, but please register in advance. Tips will be shared for writing a top-notch National Philanthropy Day Nomination. Session begins at 10:30 a.m. You can choose either New Member Orientation or Nomination Tips session.
10:30 am New Member Orientation OR National Philanthropy Day Nomination Tips (register for this event separately here)
11:30 am Registration/Networking
12:00-1:15 pm Luncheon & Program
• $25.00 AFP Members/After Wednesday at noon (week of meeting) Late registrations $35
• $40.00 Non-members/ After Wednesday at noon (week of meeting) Late registrations $50
• "Welcome Price" of $30 for 1st time attendees who have never attended an AFP program. After Wednesday at noon (week of meeting) Late registrations $35
• Colorado Nonprofit Members may also attend for our Partner Price of $30. After Wednesday at noon Late registrations $35
Denver Public Library
10 West 14th Avenue Parkway Denver, CO 80204
Low cost parking at The Cultural Center Parking Garage on 12th Avenue just west of Broadway.
For questions call the AFP Office.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Save the following 2017 Chapter Luncheon Dates!
To be announced
Foundations Panel on Stewardship: You Got the Grant, Now What?